Sunday, January 12, 2020

Pineapple Upside Downwardly Cake – Gluten Free



There’s nada similar a piffling pause to attention yous experience better.  I’m lastly over my blogger blues as well as fix to motility on amongst a small-scale alter to my posting style.  My friend Mary at Barefeet inwards the Kitchen helped me realize I don’t involve to produce step-by-step photos for each recipe I post.  This 1 ‘thing’ volition relieve me the fourth dimension I involve to larn another projects done. 




I beloved baking (and cooking) as well as blogging, and taking photos of the process.  But unless it has some odd steps or highly photogenic ingredients, I’m going to attempt the minimal affair for a while, or at to the lowest degree until I larn a few projects done at home. 




So permit at that topographic point live cake!  Gluten free, pineapple upside downwards cake to live exact.  I intend I mentioned we’re trying a wheat gratis lifestyle for a piece as well as thence instead of making pies all year, I’m searching for those flour-less recipes yous tin live proud to serve fifty-fifty your wheat-oholic friends.   We of late made a cake from almond as well as kokosnoot flour as well as served it amongst fresh fruit.  This was a super moist cake amongst distinct kokosnoot undertones.  It occurred to me that it would live peachy used inwards a pineapple upside downwards cake.  Coconut, pineapple, perfect together!




It actually turned out overnice but I guess it would bring been prettier if I added the cherries inwards the middle of each pineapple ring.  I was beingness inexpensive as well as didn’t wishing to pass $2.50 on a piffling jounce of cherries as well as bring to swallow the residuum of them as well as thence this is the manifestly Jane version 🙂  Since this cake is as well as thence moist, it is best served the adjacent day.   If cutting piece nevertheless warm, it crumbles a lot.  Not that crumbly cake is all that bad, just saying.


Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Gluten Free

(adapted from a recipe published past times Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour)

For the cake:

3/4 loving cup unsalted butter

1 loving cup sugar
4 eggs
1/2 loving cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 loving cup kokosnoot flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
For the pineapple layer:


4 tablespoons butter

1/2 loving cup chocolate-brown sugar, packed

1 tablespoon pineapple juice

20 oz. tin sliced pineapple inwards 100% juice, drained, juice reserved

8 Maraschino cherries (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a large form atomic issue 26 skillet (approximately 11 inches at the top) melt four tablespoons butter over medium heat.  Stir inwards the chocolate-brown carbohydrate as well as pineapple juice.  Stir as well as oestrus until the carbohydrate is dissolved.  Layer 8 pineapple rings inwards the bottom of the skillet.  Set aside.


Cream together the butter as well as carbohydrate until blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating good afterwards each addition. Mix inwards the milk as well as vanilla as well as blend until smooth. In a form bowl blend the flours, common salt as well as baking powder. Add the dry out ingredients to the butter mixture as well as mix until polish as well as creamy. Spread the dough over the pineapple mixture and bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes.


Cool inwards the pan as well as plow the cake over onto a serving platter.  Serve with sweetened cream if desired.



Happy Mon – again!  It’s supposed to pelting as well as snowfall today.  So much for spring, we’ve nevertheless got wintertime amongst a high of 39 degrees.  That volition all alter shortly as well as thence I’ll live patient – but I guess I don’t actually bring a choice!


Thanks as well as thence much for stopping by!


Tricia


Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon