Sunday, January 12, 2020

Curried Wintertime Squelch Soup


I experience similar I’m tardily to a party.  That’s non the norm for me, every bit I’m always early on everywhere I go.  But alongside alone a few days left earlier the showtime of spring, hither I am making Winter Squash Soup!   

But it snowed here inwards Virginia yesterday alongside a high of 40 and they’re forecasting a high of 72 on Thursday.   The conditions is all over the identify this fourth dimension of year.  And thence am I!!!





 My husband’s niece Christine recommended this recipe from a cookbook titled Farmer John’s Cookbook, The Real Dirt on Vegetables. I was intrigued past times the championship thence I ordered the cookbook from Amazon in addition to bought it used for $6.96! I honey a skilful bargain in addition to I actually similar this cookbook. I too honey the catch of a community supported farm. 



 Speaking of farms (I justice it’s more similar a garden) nosotros bought vegetable seeds final weekend!  Time to plough the soil, add together the compost, in addition to spread the early on jump seeds.  We had such fun alongside our garden final twelvemonth in addition to I was blessed alongside the chance to weblog our homegrown vegetables.  We promise to endure successful i time again this twelvemonth in addition to I’ll start posting our “garden to table” installments i time again 🙂  Yeah!  I honey a consummate circle.  Turn the soil, found the seed, selection the vegetables in addition to swallow the vegetables. 



 Oops I’ve wandered off base of operations i time again – dorsum to this delicious soup.  The ingredients are simple:  butter, scallions, parsley, jalapeno pepper, garlic, butternut squash, chicken stock, whole canned tomatoes, allspice, nutmeg, blood-red curry powder, common salt in addition to pepper. 



 Saute the scallions inwards melted butter,  Add parsley, jalapeno in addition to garlic in addition to arrive at for a few minutes.  Add the squash, stock, tomatoes, allspice, in addition to nutmeg.  Cook until the mash is tender in addition to then puree alongside a stick blender.  Add the curry powder, common salt in addition to pepper.  Simmer until heated through.  That’s it!  This is a seriously slow soup alongside a rich well for you lot flavor. 



Garnish alongside fresh parsley, a picayune hot sauce or apparently Greek yogurt if desired. 



Curried Winter Squash Soup

(Adapted from a recipe inwards Farmer John’s Cookbook)

4 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 loving cup chopped scallions

1/4 loving cup fresh parsley, chopped

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed

4 cups chicken stock

1 14-ounce tin flame whole tomatoes, chopped

1/2 teaspoon dry reason allspice

pinch of freshly grated nutmeg

2 teaspoon blood-red curry powder

salt

freshly dry reason dark pepper

fresh parsley for garnish

hot sauce in addition to Greek yogurt toppings if desired


Melt the butter inwards a large Dutch oven over medium heat.  Saute the scallions until wilted.  Add the parsley, jalapeno in addition to garlic.  Cook stirring occasionally for close five minutes.


Add the squash, chicken stock, tomatoes, allspice in addition to nutmeg.  Bring the soup to a boil.  Reduce the estrus in addition to simmer, covered, until the mash is really tender, close 45 minutes. 


Using an immersion stick blender, procedure until the mixture is smooth.  If you lot don’t accept an immersion blender, transfer the soup to a regular blender inwards batches.  Stir inwards the curry powder, common salt in addition to pepper to taste.  Heat the soup thoroughly in addition to serve.




I accept several fun in addition to delicious recipes planned for this weekend.  I intend I’m getting my cooking mojo dorsum i time again 🙂  I justice nosotros all larn a picayune tired from fourth dimension to time.  I honey trying novel recipes, particularly when they plough out great.  Happy hump day!  Thanks thence much for stopping by.


Tricia



Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon