Sunday, January 12, 2020

Nutella French Toast Amongst Maple Syrup, Bananas & Strawberries



This creation was a total one-day-I-got-a-wild-hair experiment that sooooo worked!!  I had seen some postings out inward blogland virtually peanut butter together with jelly french toast together with virtually chocolate french toast.  As commonly happens amongst me, I started to wonder ... I'm ever wondering ...

My wonder was (which you've belike already guessed), if yous tin brand french toast amongst things like chocolate or peanut butter together with jelly, I wondered if it would operate amongst Nutella?  Well, it did!  Oh, it to a greater extent than than worked - it's delicious.

I honey "wonderings."  In my 1st degree classroom I telephone telephone them "I wonders."  I honey to quest heed my petty 1st graders wonder.  When nosotros produce our offset scientific discipline experiment of the year, I simply start wondering aloud virtually things nosotros could examination together with try.  They speedily grab on, start wondering themselves, together with I start testing out their "I wonders."  It's thus fun. 

Our offset scientific discipline experiment of the twelvemonth is ever dealing amongst strength - the students are learning virtually pushing together with pulling equally the 2 types of force.  We accept diverse objects together with meet if the strength from a common, personal fan is potent plenty to force them.  Who would intend such a uncomplicated activeness would survive thus much fun for the students?  But they love it!  One of the objects I ever purpose is a balloon.  I accept it instantly out of the package, deflated, together with meet if the fan tin motion it.  No deal.  It never takes long for 1 of the students to say, "I wonder what would direct house if yous blew upwards the balloon?"  Ahhh, music to my instructor ears.  They're thinking.  They're wondering.  I honey it.

And thus it went amongst this Nutella French Toast.

I started out dipping some French breadstuff slices inward an egg-and-milk mixture, simply similar yous would for traditional French toast.  Then on to testing out my offset "I wonder" ... I slathered Nutella on each spell together with stuck the pieces together inward a stack ... tasted it ... together with it was fabulous!

"I wonder" #1 - French Toast slathered amongst Nutella


Then the experiment continued amongst some other "I wonder" --- I wondered if Nutella together with maple syrup are proficient together?  I'm a Vermont girl, thus French Toast without maple syrup simply seems wrong.  I had to plow over it a go.  So, on went the maple syrup ...

"I wonder" #2 - Nutella French Toast amongst maple syrup

... together with Oh.  My.  Word.  Nutella together with maple syrup are indeed very proficient together.  Like really indescribably good. 

And together with thus the experiment continued with another "I wonder" --- I wondered how it would survive amongst banana together with strawberry slices?  On went some bananas together with strawberries ...

"I wonder" #3 - adding sliced bananas together with strawberries

... together with it's fifty-fifty better!!  Of course, when I ate it, my plate was sure non equally swell looking equally the plate inward this picture.  I cutting upwards the French Toast, bananas, together with strawberries together with made sure everything was all swirled inward amongst the maple syrup.  Yum.

And that's how this process came to be.  A Nutella-y, maple syrup-y, banana, together with strawberry swirled-up concoction that is oh-so-yummy for my tummy!  This will move a staple inward my breakfast-for-dinner line-up.  I foresee frequent appearances.  Very frequent appearances.

Ooey-gooey Nutella



Nutella French Toast amongst Maple Syrup, Bananas, & Strawberries
Source:  Tracey creation
(Printable recipe)
Note:  Recipe yields iv slices (2 servings).  Adjust quantities equally desired.

Ingredients
iv (1/2"-thick) slices French bread
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. milk
1 T. butter, to coat pan
Nutella (about 1/4 c.)
Maple syrup (preferably pure Vermont maple syrup!)
1 banana, sliced
iv strawberries, sliced


Directions
1.  Combine beaten eggs together with milk inward a broad shallow dish.  Dip a breadstuff spell inward the egg mixture; plow together with dip the other side, coating well.  Repeat amongst remaining breadstuff slices.

2.  Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add butter to the pan, together with coat the skillet surface amongst the melted butter.  Place coated breadstuff slices inward the pan together with fix each side until golden brown, virtually 3-5 minutes per side.

3.  Remove breadstuff slices from the pan together with house on a plate.  Spread 2 of the slices generously amongst Nutella; house the remaining 2 slices on move past times to shape sandwiches.  Top amongst maple syrup, sliced bananas, together with sliced strawberries.

Enjoy!

(NOTE:  I stimulate got also made this amongst regular sliced bread.  It's proficient that way, too.)




EmoticonEmoticon