Monday, January 13, 2020

Classic No Bake Cookies To The Rescue!!

Who doesn't dear classic no-bake cookies?  Oats, chocolate, in addition to peanut butter are such a deliciously-classic combination.

 in addition to peanut butter are such a deliciously Classic No Bake Cookies to the Rescue!!


You know, a lot of my friends intend I'm a 'perfect' hit ... which I am soooooo not!  I mess upward all the fourth dimension (and genuinely seem to select a string of mess-ups going on correct now).  For me, that's genuinely business office of the opportunity of cooking ... figuring out what industrial plant in addition to what doesn't.

I decided when I started this spider web log that I'd last human being (or inwards this case, woman) nearly my bloopers in addition to part them.  Well, non all of them.  Just some.  I do withal desire y'all to intend I'm at to the lowest degree somewhat of a decent cook!  So I'll part about every straight off in addition to then, similar these Funfetti Cake Balls that started out every bit a botched upward batch of cupcakes, or these Peeps Brownies that simply made me intend of about horror motion-picture demonstrate where Easter Peeps were maliciously buried alive, or my oh-so-over-crispy-and-black Sweet Potato Chips.

And hence there's this cheesecake.  

My wretched petty Honey Cheesecake that I've been working on developing the recipe for.  

As y'all tin see, I'm non at the indicate of success yet.  Look at those disappointing cracks (they were DEEP!), in addition to how over-browned the sides are.  Yes, I'm withal at the drawing board for this recipe. 


Well, Mark in addition to I were going to dinner at my parents' household i night, in addition to I was supposed to convey this cheesecake for dessert.  What to do, what to do??  Well, the kickoff affair I did was encompass the cheesecake amongst chocolate ganache.  When inwards doubt, encompass it!  Frosting, ganache, sprinkles ... they are our friends.

In this case, fifty-fifty ganache couldn't come upward to the rescue.  The cheesecake cracks were hence deep, the ganache simply roughshod in.

Onto about other plan.

I looked through my pantry to run across what options I had.  It seemed I was lacking i or 2 ingredients for simply nearly everything that came to mind!  Don't y'all loathe it when that happens??  So, I went to the proficient ol' classic No Bake Cookies.  Which I knew my Dad would last thrilled with.

 in addition to peanut butter are such a deliciously Classic No Bake Cookies to the Rescue!!

  I apace whipped upward the chocolate-and-oats mixture on the stovetop ...

 in addition to peanut butter are such a deliciously Classic No Bake Cookies to the Rescue!!

... dropped them yesteryear spoonfuls onto waxed newspaper ...

 in addition to peanut butter are such a deliciously Classic No Bake Cookies to the Rescue!!

... in addition to allow the cookies laid up.

Then off to my parents nosotros went amongst No Bakes inwards tow.  The funny affair is, both my Mom in addition to my Dad were super excited nearly the cookies!  I jurist nosotros simply can't resist the uncomplicated classics ... later on all, they did became classics for a reason.

 in addition to peanut butter are such a deliciously Classic No Bake Cookies to the Rescue!!
We invite y'all to follow  with Google+, PinterestFacebookTwitterInstagram, bloglovin', or subscribe yesteryear Email.  We'd dear to select y'all dorsum soon!




Classic No-Bake Cookies
Source:  My Mom
Ingredients
  • 2 c. granulated sugar
  • 5 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 8 T. (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
Directions
  1. In a saucepan, mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, butter, in addition to milk. Bring to a boil in addition to boil for 1 1/2 minutes.
  2. Remove pan from the estrus in addition to add together the peanut butter, vanilla, in addition to oatmeal. Stir until good combined.
  3. Drop the oat mixture yesteryear spoonfuls onto wax newspaper in addition to allow cool.


EmoticonEmoticon