Friday, January 10, 2020

Apple Currant Bread



Oh, fond memories of childhood.  That's what this fabulous autumn breadstuff brings dorsum to me.  My Mom used to bake all the fourth dimension when I was growing up. (Hmmmm ... were you lot wondering where I got it from??  The apple tree doesn't autumn far from the tree, right?)  And this apple tree currant breadstuff was i of my absolute favorites inwards her line-up.


Fresh apple.  Sweet currants.  Just a hint of cinnamon.  The compaction of chopped pecans.  Isn't that the perfect blend of autumn flavors?  If it's not, good together with therefore it's pretty close! 

I hadn't had this breadstuff inwards years.  And had really forgotten how much I similar it.  Then, spell leafing through my family's cookbook, it struck me - "Hey!  I ask to brand apple tree currant bread!"  So I did. 

Bake yourself upwardly a loaf of this beautiful bread, piece off a large hunk, together with dig in.  You'll hold out glad you lot did.



Apple Currant Bread
Source:  My Mom
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
1/3 c. butter
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
ii eggs
ii T. milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
ii c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. peeled shredded apple tree (about ii medium or 1 really large apple)
1 c. dried currants
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I purpose pecans)


Directions
1.  Cream together butter, sugar, together with cinnamon.  Beat inwards eggs until low-cal together with fluffy.  Beat inwards milk together with lemon juice.

2.  Stir together dry out ingredients; add together to creamed mixture, stirring but until moistened.  Fold inwards shredded apple, currants, together with nuts.

3.  Spoon into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for most 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted inwards the view comes out clean.  (I allow mine larn for the total hr together with I intend I slightly over-cooked it.  I advise starting to banking concern tally a flake earlier an hr is up.)

Enjoy!




EmoticonEmoticon