Monday, January 13, 2020

Angel Biscuits



I was trying to recall the origin fourth dimension I tasted these biscuits.  It must cause got been inwards the early on 1980’s when my Mom received this recipe from a friend.  These are non the criterion breakfast biscuits she ordinarily made.  These are a yeast biscuit that tin live on made the black before, rolled out in addition to baked the side past times side day.  I clearly recall Mom making these for a buffet she hosted inwards the level afterwards our wedding.  She invited all the relatives (mostly the ones from out of town) over to the trouble solid for dinner.  This gave us (the newlyweds) a jeopardy to see alongside identify unit of measurement in addition to friends earlier heading out on our honeymoon.  And nosotros got to swallow her wonderful creations.  Mom made ham biscuits in addition to sweetness tater souffles baked inwards the rhythm out of 1/2 an orange.  Yum!  Very creative. 


Last weekend I hosted a babe shower for my miss Allie in addition to ham biscuits came to postulate heed every bit an easy, but tasty, finger food.  I haven’t made these inwards years but they turned out keen simply the same.  We froze left over ham from Christmas knowing nosotros had this upshot scheduled for early on January. 




I’m non really dissimilar from most of the cooks that read my blog.  I had to work, build clean house, shop, decorate, create in addition to fix for the shower inwards a brusk total of time.  I enjoyed every infinitesimal of it in addition to would practise it ane time to a greater extent than but when it came fourth dimension to whip upward these Angel Biscuits late Fri night, I totally forgot to cause got my normal stride past times stride photos.  Sorry! 



We made ham sandwiches dotted alongside a squirt of dearest mustard in addition to dearest baked ham.  The ham was tender in addition to juicy in addition to the Angel Biscuits were low-cal in addition to flaky.  Perfect shower food!  These would likewise live on keen for a football game political party at your house!




 I felt bad close non taking my normal photos in addition to hence I snapped a few of the tabular array earlier the guests arrived.  I served fresh cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, a fruit dip (let me know if y'all desire that recipe), brie cheese alongside crackers in addition to a diaper cake!



This is a non-edible diaper cake that was such fun to make.  So cute!




Just unroll the diapers afterwards the upshot in addition to you’re ready for a tiny novel babe to come upward see Grandma!



My grandson is due inwards ii 1/2 weeks.  Not long now!



Don’t y'all simply love fresh veges in addition to Ranch Dip?  Cool, creamy in addition to crunchy.



The fresh fruit in addition to fruit dip received a lot of keen reviews. 


My miss was blessed alongside in addition to hence many beautiful gifts to assistance start her novel mommy adventure. 

I can’t wait!



Angel Biscuits

(another fine recipe from the identify unit of measurement vault)


2 packages Active Dry Yeast
1/2 loving cup warm H2O (110-115 degrees)
5 cups all-purpose or breadstuff flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 loving cup shortening
2 cups buttermilk (full-fat)


Dissolve yeast inwards warm water.  Sift flour alongside dry out ingredients.  Cut inwards shortening, add together buttermilk in addition to the yeast mixture.  Refrigerate inwards a covered bowl overnight.  Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface, cutting in addition to bake 12-15 minutes in a 400 marking oven.



Thanks in addition to hence much for stopping by!  We had a piddling snowfall yesterday in addition to to a greater extent than mutual frigidity weather condition on the way.  With all this mutual frigidity weather, why am I craving a fresh fruit smoothie?   Guess I’ll simply cause got to run into what happens alongside the leftover unsweetened pineapple juice 🙂  Have a lovely Wednesday!


Tricia


Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon