Saturday, January 11, 2020

Thai Kokosnoot Chicken



“There’s a ophidian inwards my boot!”  Why is that trouble stuck inwards my head?  It’ll larn away for a twenty-four hr menstruum or ii too then bang, it’s back.  Can yous lift the movie?  I estimate I’m going to accept to watch it thus I can purge this trouble from my memory.  Or I’m going to accept to larn depository fiscal establishment tally my boots.  Sorry.  I got off track.  With Traveling Husband taking over a pair of posts these past times few weeks, I experience similar I accept thus much to say you!



Do yous similar Thai food?  I’m ashamed to acknowledge that until the past times pair of years, I had never tried Thai dishes, non one.  My hubby has e'er encouraged me to operate out too swallow Thai nutrient too experiment (with him of course).  But since I’m non a large fan of Chinese dishes, I idea Thai would survive the same.  Wrong again!  My Thai experiences accept been limited, simply this recipe actually caught my eye.  I dearest peanut butter, Sriracha hot sauce (yum!) too coconut.  Cooked all inwards 1 pan, I’m in!





Lightly steam unopen to fresh or frozen vegetables similar broccoli too Snap Peas.  Slice chicken breasts into sparse seize amongst teeth sized pieces.  You tin role Soy Sauce simply we’ve been using a gluten costless substitute, Liquid Aminos.  Add inwards the Sriracha, curry powder, minced garlic, creamy peanut butter, fish sauce (which is also novel to me), too unsweetened kokosnoot milk.  I served this dish over rice too was thus happy amongst the results!




I accept non mastered chop sticks – too won’t role them inwards populace – yet!




Garnished amongst chopped peanuts or cashews, this dish is easy, fast too tasty!



Thai Coconut Chicken

(adapted from a recipe past times Knewman on Tasty Kitchen)


4 dissever chicken breasts (or 2 whole) sliced sparse inwards seize amongst teeth sized large pieces
1 (13.5 ounce) tin unsweetened Coconut Milk
6 tablespoons Liquid Aminos
2 tablespoons fish sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed amongst 2 tablespoons mutual frigidity water
3 cups steams vegetables (I used fresh broccoli too snap peas)
chopped peanuts or cashews for garnish if desired


Add the sliced chicken to a large Ziplock handbag too laid aside.  In a large mensuration loving cup whisk together the kokosnoot milk, liquid aminos, fish sauce, garlic, peanut butter, curry too sriracha.  Add the mixture to the chicken inwards the Ziplock bag.  Marinate for at to the lowest degree 1 hr or upwards to three hours. 


Add the chicken too sauce to a large skillet too educate over medium high oestrus until the chicken is cooked through.  Add the broccoli too snap peas too educate until hot.  Slowly blend inwards the cornstarch too H2O mixture to thicken if desired.  If the sauce if already thick, skip the cornstarch step.


Serve over rice too enjoy!  This made dandy left overs too.



So that’s non the almost traditional Easter recipe I’ve ever posted 🙂  We’re feeling a flake non-traditional this twelvemonth and will skip the commons ham.  We decided on the reverse halt of the squealer thus we’re smoking a pork shoulder on Sunday.  I’ll actually immature lady the ham os too white edible bean soup made amongst left overs.  But we’ll accept BBQ! 


If you’re all the same looking for an slow dessert that’s dandy for kids too adults alike, depository fiscal establishment tally out this recipe posted final Easter for Chocolate Birds’ Nests made amongst Shredded Wheat.  So slow too thus cute! 




I promise yous accept a blessed Easter spent amongst your loved ones, household unit of measurement too friends.  Thanks thus much for stopping by!


Tricia


Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon