Friday, January 10, 2020

Photo Tip No. Five – Iphoneography

iPhoneography: Traveling Husband’s favorite photograph apps 





Hey it’s NON-traveling hubby today.  I’m dog-sitting in addition to guest-blogging spell Tricia is on the route to a line of piece of occupation solid unit of measurement gathering inward Atlanta. 


As I’ve mentioned earlier I’m truly becoming a fan of iPhoneography.  I idea this calendar week nosotros could receive got a quick facial expression at some of my go-to apps which y'all mightiness honour useful in addition to fun. 


I’ve got most 3 dozen photograph apps on my iPhone. The 2 I honour myself using most oft are Photoshop Express in addition to PerfectPhoto.  Often I only desire to crop, sharpen slightly in addition to add together a edge earlier uploading to Facebook. So I proceed all iii closed to each other on my domicile enshroud to speed things up. 





You tin edit photos without additional apps, yesteryear using the software that comes alongside the phone.  The disadvantage is that the editing software that comes alongside your telephone changes the original photograph file.  Apps practise “non-destructive editing” pregnant that the original files are non altered.  This is the same every bit Lightroom in addition to other major processing software for full-sized computers in addition to is of import insurance to have.   Like most types of insurance, y'all never truly how valuable it is until y'all necessitate it. 



I purpose Photoshop Express to a greater extent than oft only because–since I purpose it to a greater extent than often—I’m to a greater extent than comfortable alongside it in addition to tin edit quicker.  I too similar it’s edge selections a piddling flake improve but PerfectPhoto has a few to a greater extent than options on the menu. (below)










For what it’s worth, my workflow is unremarkably to salvage to the principal photograph album, too known every bit Camera Roll, in addition to thus that I tin to a greater extent than easily access the epitome later.  Also, I often edit spell flight in addition to run alongside the telephone inward plane trend which disables the powerfulness to upload. 



Having the concluding epitome inward the Camera Roll makes it easier to mail photos via messaging.  You know–text messages alongside no text.  



Tricia in addition to I practise a lot of image-only communicating. 






This photograph agency “hey, y'all know that conception that’s supposed to last landing most now, alongside me on it?  Yeah well….not in addition to thus much. I’m nevertheless sitting at the gate inward Wherever.”   Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 lot less wearable in addition to tear on the texting finger. 





This shot agency “I went grocery shopping. Peeps were on sale in addition to jumped into my cart.”

It’s too a reference to an sometime joke we’ve been passing dorsum in addition to forth for years most a conversation betwixt 2 peeps:



“My butt hurts!  What?!?!?”    Yeah, OK, I know…..pretty lame. 







I went out to the garden today in addition to establish a ladybug difficult at work, keeping us bad põrnikas free. 

You GO girl!! 








This is the unedited photo. 








Here it is loaded into Photoshop Express





Here’s what I ended upwards alongside after cropping, dropping the exposure only a flake in addition to adding a border.   Nothing fancy…but I think this has to a greater extent than touching because every bit the maxim goes “less is more.”



Getting rid of all the extraneous background mush boils this downwards to the primal pattern elements.  A long light-green thing in addition to a minor blood-red thing.  OK, possibly that’s non the most profound artsy-babble critique…but it volition practise for now. 





Two to a greater extent than favorite apps are iQuikDOF, which is on my domicile screen, in addition to Big Lens. 









Both let y'all to create an resultant that appears to alter your existing depth of field.   But remember, truthful depth of champaign is measured going forward—meaning, front end to back.  How deeply what’s inward front end of your photographic idiot box camera is inward focus. 



These apps truly only let y'all to selectively blur parts of a photograph to create a similar effect.  The fact that y'all are non reeeeely changing the DOF is irrelevant.  What matters is that selective focus tin last a cool look. I only desire y'all to empathize the difference. 





Another favorite app is PhotoToaster.  I used it on a shot of Abby from today’s garden walk.  PhotoToaster has a publish of “pre-sets” to direct from to give your shot a for certain look. 






Here’s the original 






And hither she is getting PhotoToast-ed. 

I was able to practise most of the cropping in addition to tweaking yesteryear choosing i of the presets….








And used iQuikDOF to blur the dorsum corner only a flake to a greater extent than to larn to this concluding image. 





Ultimately, iPhoneography–or truly whatever sort of photography–is non most taking photos its most seeing photos.  And yesteryear seeing photos……seeing LIFE.   



Having a photographic idiot box camera ever alongside you, railroad train to shoot, causes us to encounter the Blue Planet inward unlike ways.  You tin encounter possibilities in addition to encounter fine art inward unexpected places in addition to nosotros only seem to pay to a greater extent than attending to whats only about us.  All all of a abrupt we’re noticing textures in addition to shapes in addition to patterns in addition to iconic images.  



Our inventiveness is expanded, inward all areas of life—including cooking, taking pictures of your food…and nutrient blogging.   And to me…..that sounds pretty good. 



—–



As Tricia ever says, thank y'all for stopping by.   Have a nifty weekend!!  Let us withdraw heed from you. 





Ed 


Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon