Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Olive, Onion Sun Dried Tomato Plant Focaccia

  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato FocacciaI bet I’m inward the minority this calendar week since I don’t receive got a Thanksgiving / Fall dish to post today.  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I’m going to blame it on Food52.  Have you lot always visited their site or signed upward for the weekly emails?  They are rattling creative as well as look to live putting a novel hold back on recipes as well as wonderfully unique gadgets.  About a calendar month agone they sent out a post alongside a recipe for an olive sandwich.  It was amazing inward it’s simplicity as well as rattling appealing as well as I haven’t been able to larn it out of my head.  I’ve idea near many unlike variations to the recipe similar adding celery as well as other vegetables to arrive to a greater extent than similar a muffaletta olive salad.  Then it came to me piece shopping inward my favorite grocery store (Wegman’s).  They receive got an olive bar (I should accept a picture) alongside homemade hummus, a tremendous diversity of olives, as well as fifty-fifty roasted garlic.  I scooped upward a container total of peppers, olives as well as roasted garlic as well as headed dwelling household to cure my craving.


  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato FocacciaIf you lot receive got a practiced basic Focaccia recipe you lot tin strength out arrive into almost anything.  It could live a thick crust pizza, a uncomplicated olive petroleum breadstuff or fifty-fifty a lightly sweetness fruit bread.  Today it’s my cure for all things pizza as well as olives.  I sliced upward olives, scarlet onion as well as added approximately Sun dried tomatoes as well as then picked approximately fresh thyme from our garden.


  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato FocacciaOnce the dough rises, press it to lucifer a 13×9 inch lightly oiled baking pan.  Dimple the dough all over alongside your fingers as well as drizzle alongside olive oil.  Add the topping as well as press them gently into the dough.


  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato FocacciaBake until golden dark-brown as well as then transfer to a rack to cool.


  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato Focaccia


Sprinkle lightly alongside fresh grated Parmesan Cheese if desired.


  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato FocacciaThis did the trace a fast i on as well as I tin strength out forthwith motility on past times my obsession alongside olives!  I actually love this recipe as well as volition absolutely arrive again.


  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato Focaccia







  I was overcome alongside a serious craving for olives as well as I Olive, Onion  Dominicus Dried Tomato Focaccia


Print


Olive, Onion & Dominicus Dried Tomato Focaccia




Prep Time

1 hr 30 mins




Cook Time

20 mins




Total Time

1 hr 50 mins


 



A bang-up focaccia alongside loads of flavour from the olives, Sun dried tomatoes as well as onion




Course:

Bread



Servings: 8


Author: Tricia




Ingredients




  • 1
    cup
    warm water


  • 1
    package active dry out yeast
    (1/4 ounce)


  • 1/2
    teaspoon
    honey


  • 2 1/2
    cups
    all-purpose flour,
    divided


  • 1/2
    cup
    plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided


  • 1
    teaspoon
    kosher salt


  • 1/2
    red onion,
    sliced


  • 3
    sun dried tomatoes,
    sliced sparse (packed inward oil, drained as well as patted dry out alongside a newspaper towel)


  • 1
    tablespoon
    fresh thyme


  • 1
    cup
    assorted olives,
    halved as well as pitted


  • 10
    cloves
    roasted garlic,
    optional


  • 1/4
    cup
    shredded Parmesan Cheese





Instructions




  1. IN a large mixing bowl, combine the H2O as well as honey. Sprinkle the yeast on top as well as allow it to represent near five minutes or until foamy.



  2. Add 1 loving cup of the flour as well as 1/4 loving cup of olive petroleum as well as mix lightly alongside a wooden spoon. Set aside to residual for approximately other five minutes.



  3. Stir inward the remaining flour as well as tabular array salt as well as knead until smooth. Transfer to an oiled bowl, encompass alongside plastic roll as well as identify inward a warm location, complimentary from drafts, for 1 hour.



  4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly petroleum a 13x9 inch rimmed baking pan.



  5. Place the risen dough inward the pan as well as press to fit. Dimple the dough alongside your fingers as well as drizzle alongside ii tablespoons of olive oil. Let the dough ascent i time to a greater extent than until puffed, near twenty minutes.



  6. Lightly press the toppings into the dough. Drizzle alongside the remaining ii tablespoons olive petroleum as well as bake for twenty minutes or until golden.



  7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.






Recipe Notes

Basic Focaccia recipe adapted from Food & Wine Magazine





Well let’s beak near the weather.  Here inward Virginia nosotros receive got our get-go freeze alert alongside temperatures dipping into the depression 30’s.  We didn’t larn whatever snowfall only I intend they did inward the mountains due south as well as due west of us.  Is it mutual depression temperature where you lot are?  Are you lot thinking chili or stew is inward your future?  I love fleece weather condition only the Daylight Saving Time alter is pretty yucky.  It gets night thence early on now.


We had over 200 trick-or-treaters for Halloween this year.  I ran out of candy alongside kids inward the driveway.  I don’t know where they are coming from only I know nosotros don’t receive got that many living inward the neighborhood.  Grandson Isaac actually enjoyed it this year.  He was a puppy as well as I didn’t larn i practiced photograph because I was busy handing out candy!


Thanks thence much for stopping past times – promise you lot receive got a terrific week.


Tricia



Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon