Monday, January 13, 2020

Hash Brown, Egg Cheese Pie


Yes it does await similar a spell of pie – only a savory one!  I had to express mirth when I realized the starting fourth dimension recipe I’m posting later completing the 52 pie project, is an egg pie.  Maybe I produce need to discovery person who tin dismiss say me why I dearest my nutrient cutting inward wedges!  I guarantee the side past times side recipe volition await cypher similar pie!  Unless y'all count the pie recap as well as video I’m working on for Monday.  Maybe I should convey cooked this inward a foursquare pan.  Oh for crying out loud – this is delicious!  I don’t mean value it matters if it’s cutting inward squares or wedges.  We are thrilled amongst the results.



Sometimes I mean value nearly what nosotros convey left inward the refrigerator as well as start to come upwards up amongst an reckon for a novel recipe.  Then I frequently conduct research and find my reckon is non completely master copy (original to me only non to the world).  This is i of those confirmation recipes.  We had my sister-in-law’s hash brownish casserole for Christmas as well as had a packet of potatoes left over.  We had enough of cheese, ham, onion and eggs.  I also had some frozen Oven Roasted Tomatoes nosotros made this summer.  All that tin dismiss check inward a pie can’t it?



This recipe tin dismiss live altered easily to adjust to your ain ingredients.  You could substitute light-green or ruby-red peppers for the oven roasted tomatoes, as well as whatever form of cheese would live terrific.  I used a combination of Fontina as well as cheddar cheese, a light-green onion, some diced majestic onion, ham, tomatoes, eggs, pepper, hash brownish potatoes as well as one-half & half.


Grate the cheese as well as die the tomatoes, ham, majestic onion as well as light-green onions. 



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate amongst Pam.  Press the potatoes inward the bottom as well as upwards the sides of the pie plate – forming a crust.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is laid as well as starting to brown.



While the crust is inward the oven, combine the milk (or one-half & half), eggs, salt and pepper.  Whisk until good blended.



Add the chopped tomatoes, one-half the light-green onions, chopped ham as well as whatever other vegetables y'all desire.  (Mushrooms would live skillful likewise – yum!)



Remove the hash brownish crust from the oven as well as sprinkle amongst 1/2 the grated cheese or the Fontina if using both kinds. 



Gently pour the egg mixture over the crust.



Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the middle is laid as well as the hash browns are toasted to a greater extent than or less the edges.



Sprinkle the remaining cheese on tumble out as well as allow the pie to laid for 10 minutes earlier serving.



This was a rattling satisfying weeknight dinner amongst tons of flavor. 



Hash Brown, Egg & Cheese Pie

2 – 3 cups Simply Potatoes, fresh hash browns 

        (if using frozen, thaw starting fourth dimension as well as withdraw excess moisture)

4 eggs

1 loving cup one-half & half

1 loving cup diced ham

1 sliced light-green onion (divided)

1/4 loving cup diced majestic onion

1/4 loving cup diced oven roasted tomatoes

Freshly reason pepper to taste

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 loving cup shredded cheese (I used a combination of cheddar as well as Fontina)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Press the hash browns inward the bottom as well as upwards the side of a 9-inch deep dish pie plate lightly sprayed amongst Pam.  Bake the hash brownish crust for fifteen – twenty minutes or until lightly browned as well as set. 


Whisk together the eggs, one-half & half, tabular array salt as well as pepper until blended.  Mix inward the ham, 1/2 the light-green onions, majestic onions, tomatoes as well as whatever other vegetables. 


Remove the white patato crust from the oven as well as sprinkle amongst 1/2 the shredded cheese.  Gently pour the egg mixture over the tumble out of the cheese.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the view is laid as well as the edges are lightly browned.  Sprinkle amongst the remaining cheese as well as allow it to sit down for 10 minutes.  Garnish amongst the remaining light-green onions as well as cutting into wedges to serve. 




Big plans for New Years Eve?  I mean value I’m actually going to become all out as well as displace as well as remain upwards until midnight.  I usually larn upwards then early for move that it’s difficult for me to remain awake much past times 10!  Such a calorie-free weight – I know.  I convey some overnice things to laid upwards this weekend that I’ll post service side past times side week.  Please cheque dorsum Mon for the lastly pie recap as well as video!  We are having such fun putting this together. 


Thanks i time to a greater extent than for stopping by!  Have a wonderful New Year's Day as well as remain safe!


Tricia





Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon