Monday, January 13, 2020

2011 – The Twelvemonth Of The Pie


Happy New Year!

The pie extravaganza of 2011 has lastly come upward to a close. I tell “finally”…but actually, looking back, I’m amazed at how chop-chop the twelvemonth went by!


I whipped upward a pie a calendar week from scratch in addition to posted the recipe in addition to step-by-step instructions every Monday.  My finish was to inspire yous to get inward your kitchen, teach creative and be brave. And I tried to produce the same myself.  Before this twelvemonth I’d never made many of these pies.  They were all dessert pies amongst all sort of fillings. Fruit, nuts…and many, many creamy concoctions in between.


It seems that I’m addicted to baking in addition to creating delicious desserts—but I’ve figured out that I don’t receive got to consume them all by myself! Family, friends…and to a greater extent than than a few fireman happily served equally taste-testers.  I’ve discovered that “sharing the (pie) love” is equally fulfilling equally obtaining crust perfection! Giving away baked goods is becoming 1 of my favorite pastimes.


My wonderful spouse, aka “Traveling Husband” served equally senior gustation tester whenever he was inward town in addition to never complained 1 time well-nigh trying simply about other novel pie.  He’s such a groovy guy! Always willing to receive got 1 for the pie team.


We idea it would live fun to seat photos of all the pies together into a curt music video. I made all the pies, shot the photos in addition to selected a great slice of “as American equally apple tree pie” music from one of my favorite artists,violinist Ruth McGinnis. I had the chance to encounter Ruth inward Nashville several years before she passed away from ovarian cancer.  She was a talented lovely somebody in addition to is greatly missed.  Check out her website for to a greater extent than data well-nigh her CD’s in addition to books.


Traveling Husband put on his video editor hat for this project.  We dearest collaborating on projects similar this in addition to thence you’ll likely see to a greater extent than videos inward the twelvemonth to come.


As I said earlier, several of these pies were novel to me.  Although I idea they were all good, simply about were incredible! Traveling Husband and I tried to selection our 10 favorites.  His listing had a few mine didn’t in addition to visa-versa …but at that spot several nosotros both absolutely loved. In the end, our “Top Ten” list has xx pies on it.


Check the 52 Pies tab for all the recipes in addition to step-by-step instructions:


1.  Fresh Blueberry Pie was hands downwardly our favorite pie.  It was fantastic.

2.  Skillet Apple Pie – Traveling Husband would non allow me give this 1 away.  In fact he did non go really far from this pie.   It was totally delicious!

3.  Lemon Chess Pie – Where receive got yous been all my life?  I dearest the blend of sweetness in addition to tart flavors in addition to volition brand this pie for years to come.


The residue of our favorites are inward no detail club (mostly because nosotros could not agree).  They’re all good solid recipes with Sticky Toffee Pudding Apple Pie  the solely 1 inward the challenging range.


Sticky Toffee Pudding Apple Pie

Chocolate Pecan Pie

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Lemon Ice Box Pie

Summer Berry Pie

Creme Brulee Pie

Blackberry Pie

Chocolate Raspberry Pie

Margarita Pie amongst a Pretzel Crust

Fresh Peach Pie

Key Lime Pie

German Chocolate Pie

Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie

Pear Crumb Pie

Old Fashioned Oatmeal Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Classic Pecan Pie


Thanks in addition to thence much for next along on our pie adventure.  I’ve had a lot of questions well-nigh what I’m planning for 2012.  Some receive got suggested I bake a dissimilar cookie each week.  Others receive got asked well-nigh cakes, cupcakes, etc.  I approximate yous tin depository fiscal establishment friction match dorsum adjacent Mon to see what’s on the dessert carte du jour at Saving Room for Dessert!


Have a blessed New Year's Day in addition to happy baking!


Tricia


Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon