Friday, January 10, 2020

Classic Chocolate Fudge Recipe Cook-Off

Classic Chocolate Fudge made amongst marshmallows creamy as well as delicious.



Can yous believe, until now, I had never made fudge before?  I dearest fudge.  So I don't know why I waited then long to endeavor my mitt at it!  I ever idea it was difficult to brand - it's not.  It's easy.  Very easy.

So, yous desire to know what I went as well as did on my really kickoff fourth dimension making fudge?  I didn't brand only 1 recipe of fudge.  No, no.  I pose 2 fudge recipes to a head-to-head fudge cook-off battle.  See, I'm cooking my means through the family cookbook I published final yr for our family.  And both my mother in law as well as my sister-in-law pose a chocolate fudge recipe inward the cookbook.  It only seemed similar the correct affair to produce was to pose both recipes to the test, rather than picking only one.  So, that's what I did.

The 2 recipes were similar inward method.  The differences, yous ask?  Well, my mother-in-law's recipe was made amongst marshmallows, had a higher ratio of evaporated milk, as well as a fleck lower ratio of chocolate.  My sister-in-law's recipe was made amongst marshmallow creme (as opposed to marshmallows themselves), had a lower ratio of evaporated milk, as well as a higher ratio of chocolate.

So I laid most to whipping upwardly both.  And this method is then easy, I was done inward no time.

First, convey unopen to sugar, butter, as well as evaporated milk to a boil as well as ready it for a bit, stirring constantly, of course.

Boiling, boiling, boiling ...


Then stir inward unopen to chocolate until it's all melted.

Chocolate!

Finally, stir inward the marshmallow until it's all melty as well as combined.

Stirring inward the marshmallow

Pour the mixture into a pan, as well as allow it cool to laid up.  I used an aluminum foil sling inward my pans to brand removal from the pan (and construct clean up!) easier.

Here are my 2 finished products side-by-side ... I made 1 apparently chocolate as well as the other chocolate-walnut, only for fun.  My mother-in-law's is on the left ... my sister-in-law's is on the right.  Which produce yous mean value won the cook-off battle?

And the winner is ...

Well, I preferred my mother-in-law's version! the 1 made amongst the marshmallows themselves, the higher ratio of evaporated milk, as well as (surprisingly!) the lower ratio of chocolate.  To me, it had a smoother as well as creamier texture - only the means I similar my fudge.  The other 1 was good, too, - but it had a slightly drier, to a greater extent than crumbly texture.  So, in  my book, marshmallows reign supreme over marshmallow creme!

Looks similar I tin terminate cross fudge off my cooking & baking bucket list.  Well, chocolate fudge anyway.  Let's see, there's nevertheless peanut butter fudge ... Nutella fudge ... maple walnut fudge ...  rocky route fudge ...





Classic Chocolate Fudge
Source:  My mother-in-law
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
2 1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 stick (4 T.) butter
3/4 c. evaporated milk
1 c. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
xviii large marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)


Directions
1.  Combine sugar, butter, as well as evaporated milk inward a saucepan; convey to a amount rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Continue to boil, over medium heat, for five to vi minutes, stirring constantly.

2.  Pour inward chocolate chips; take away from estrus as well as stir until chocolate chips are melted.  Add vanilla as well as marshmallows.  Stir until shine as well as all marshmallow is incorporated.

3.  Stir inward chopped walnuts, if using.

4.  Pour into an 11x7" pan lined amongst aluminum foil.  Cool.

5.  Use the edges of the aluminum foil to elevator fudge from the pan; cutting into pocket-size squares.

Enjoy!


EmoticonEmoticon