Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Gingerbread Vampires

 
Who says gingerbread men are only for Christmas?  Not these guys.  These gingerbread men cookies receive got pose on their vampire costumes for Halloween!

I want I could receive got credit for this clever regard ... but alas, I cannot. 


These Halloween dudes were inspired past times Southern Supreme Gourmet Specialties, a mail-order gourmet nutrient companionship located inwards middle-of-nowhere, North Carolina (a teeny town called Bear Creek, to travel exact.)  My Mom too I visited their showroom a few weeks dorsum too spotted their cute too clever lilliputian Halloween gingerbread vampires (which aren't available on their website ... showroom entirely item).  I decided I needed to endeavour that myself!

So I came abode too whipped upwards a batch.


To practise these ghoulish vampires, brand your favorite gingerbread cookies only similar you lot ever would ... here's my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe, if you lot ask one.  Then operate a dab of dark frosting or regal icing to brand eyes, buttons, too a direct across oral cavity ... add together a smidge of white for fangs ... too popular 3 cherry-red mini candies or sprinkles on travel past times of the dark frosting buttons.  I used cherry-red x's from a Valentines' Day hugs & kisses sprinkles mix, but you lot could also operate cinnamon redhots, mini M&Ms, or whatsoever other pocket-size cherry-red candy.  Voila!  Halloween vampire cookies.


Now, inwards the spirit of total too honest disclosure, these lilliputian guys were non quite every bit slow to create every bit I had expected.  But business office of that was because I was beingness lazy.  See, I used that frosting-in-an-aerosol tin sack materials you lot tin sack purchase at the grocery store.  You know, the materials that sprays out kinda similar Easy-Cheez?  Well ... permit me only tell ya ... that materials is not slow to command when trying to brand pocket-size squirts!!

So, if similar me, you're afraid to endeavour to brand your ain dark frosting (I didn't intend I could larn it night enough! ... so the argue for the purchase of Easy-Cheez-type frosting) ... I advise mayhap dispensing the aerosol tin sack frosting into your ain pipage handbag commencement too so you'll receive got meliorate control.

If you lot direct to larn direct from the tin sack similar I did, hither are ii suggestions:

1.  Practice on waxed newspaper or a plate first.

2.  Use toothpicks.  Toothpicks became my best friends!  Get a chip of frosting where you lot desire it to be, too operate a toothpick to coax it into the 'formation' you lot want.  And to construct clean upwards whatsoever 'oops.'

Once you lot larn your lilliputian guys ready, serve upwards a lilliputian platter every bit a special vampire Halloween treat.


Of course, if you lot larn too frustrated making these lilliputian guys ... which you lot won't ... you lot could ever practise what my married adult man suggested ... Bite their heads off too plough them into The Legend of Sleepy Hollow  headless horseman gingerbread cookies!

Not nice, Mark.  Not nice.  But nonetheless appropriate for Halloween, I suppose.




 
Gingerbread Vampire Cookies
Source:  Inspired past times Southern Supreme Gourmet Specialties
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
One batch baked gingerbread men cookies
Black frosting
White frosting
Small cherry-red x sprinkles, mini M&Ms, or cinnamon redhots


Directions
1.  Pipe pocket-size dots of dark frosting onto each gingerbread human being for eyes too buttons.  Pipe a pocket-size staight trouble of dark frosting every bit the mouth.

2.  Carefully house a cherry-red sprinkle or mini candy into the push frosting dots; gently force downward slightly alongside a toothpick.

3.  Pipe a pocket-size amount of white frosting below the dark oral cavity trouble to practise fangs.  Use a toothpick to taper the fangs to travel thinner at the terminate farthest away from the oral cavity line.  Set aside to permit the frosting harden.

4.  Store inwards an airtight container, carefully stacked.  (Check the 'hardness' of the frosting prior to stacking to avoid smudging too smooshing.)

Enjoy!



EmoticonEmoticon