Saturday, January 11, 2020

Black Rice Vegetable Stir Fry


My fashion means (if yous tin dismiss telephone band it “fashion” or fifty-fifty “style”) has e'er been really monochromatic (I’m no fashionista!)  While I tend to wearing clothing inward similar color families I unremarkably similar a lot of color multifariousness inward the nutrient I develop together with eat.  This predominately imperial dish doesn’t just direct maintain a lot of color variety, but the flavors together with textures are screaming for attention.   








This may direct maintain been a lot easier to brand inward a Wok but I used a large non-stick skillet instead.  I haven’t had a Wok inward many years but am seriously considering buying a novel one.  They only direct maintain upwards so much room inward the cabinet along amongst my giant stand upwards mixer together with all the other appliances needed to brand SRFD magic!  So the betoken of this piffling detour is, if yous direct maintain a Wok, purpose it instead of a skillet.  Did yous notice I’m assuming you’ll brand this dish?  You should – it’s terrific together with good for yous together with beautiful inward a imperial kind-of monochromatic means 🙂





It likewise was terrific left over for lunch, iv days inward a row! I actually liked it that much together with of bird I loathe to waste product food.  This recipe made a lot, thence the bespeak for a really large skillet or Wok.  



Traveling Husband mentioned eating dark rice on i of his recent work-related adventures.  He said it was slap-up so I picked upwards a parcel at our local Wegman’s grocery store.  Then I came across this recipe inward my novel favorite nutrient magazine – Whole Living.  The article stated that dark rice “has to a greater extent than anthocyanin antioxidants than blueberries.”  This peaked my involvement so I dug a piffling more.  Apparently dark rice is moving upwards the listing of “Super Foods.”  It may live on i of those foods that could potentially cure diseases together with solve other wellness related problems.  I’m non a wellness skillful but savor finding out to a greater extent than close foods that may help.  I specially like hearing slap-up things close delicious foods, similar this dark rice. I guess we’ll take away heed to a greater extent than close the rice, then it volition live on on doc Oz, together with so you won’t live on able to uncovering it inward the stores anymore.  Better stock upwards now!  


I made a distich of changes from the master recipe.  It called for Japanese eggplant together with imperial Kale but I couldn’t uncovering either so I used some beautiful fresh light-green organic Kale together with a infant eggplant.  I would likewise add together large amounts of reddish onion adjacent fourth dimension but stick amongst the light-green onion garnish.  Since we’re doing a gluten gratis experiment, I used Bragg’s Aminos instead of soy sauce.  This recipe is highly adaptable so dig inward together with permit me know what yous think!





Black Rice Vegetable Stir Fry
(adapted from a recipe inward Whole Living Magazine)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
12 ounces theatre tofu, drained together with cutting into 1 inch pieces
Sea Salt
1 infant eggplant (or Japanese eggplant) halved together with sliced into 1/2 pieces
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
3 scallions, thinly sliced (white together with light-green parts separated)
1/4 caput of reddish cabbage, sliced (approximately iv cups)
1/2 bunch imperial or light-green kale, inward ii inch pieces (3 cups)
2 cups cooked dark rice (1 loving cup dry)
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
1 tablespoon Bragg’s Aminos (or depression sodium soy sauce)
The juice of i lime (about ii tablespoons)


Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.  Add 1 tablespoon of oil.  Season the tofu amongst tabular array salt together with stir tike until crispy.  Remove together with laid aside.  Add 1 to a greater extent than tablespoon petroleum together with ready eggplant until tender together with golden.  Remove together with add together to the tofu.  Add the final tablespoon petroleum together with ready the ginger, garlic together with white portions of the scallions.  Stir tike for a infinitesimal so add together the cabbage, kale together with 1/4 loving cup water.  Cook until the kale is tender.  Add the dark rice together with i time it is heated through, stir inward the tofu together with eggplant.  Sprinkle the Bragg’s together with Sriracha sauce on overstep together with gently stir.  Remove from rut together with stir inward lime juice.  Garnish amongst the scallion greens together with serve.



I was so distressing when this was gone.  The dish has slap-up flavor, it’s filling together with satisfying together with healthy.  I can’t hope my adjacent recipe volition live on this healthy, but it volition live on sweet, colorful and pretty (I hope).  So delight direct maintain a lovely weekend together with depository fiscal establishment tally dorsum Mon for another slap-up recipe. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!


P.S.  Thinking together with praying for you today Tanna.


Tricia




Source: savingdessert.com


EmoticonEmoticon